As fans of the Chausiku Series know, Book Three introduces the reader to the Amaru clan from South America. Today's post is for Latinas.
One magazine/blog that really caught my attention is Latinitas, an online community by and for Latina teens. Check them out @ http://mylatinitas.com. My blog highlight for today is Viva Fashion/Carmen Ordonez. http://www.vivafashionblog.com Today's tip is useful to everyone...and every clan! :)
February 23, 2015
Creating a soothing bedroom atmosphere for a more peaceful night’s rest is SO important. Not to mention that not getting enough sleep has been linked with a laundry list of health problems. Ever since my husband was diagnosed with cancer, we take our sleep pretty seriously. As a new mom, it’s not always easy to get 8 hours of straight sleep (who am I kidding) but I try to make sure that as soon as I hit the bed, I fall asleep pretty quickly. As part of my collaboration with P&G’s Try it & Love it Sleep Soundly program, I’ve been trying out the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist collection to help me achieve a good night’s sleep. On a night I had difficulty falling asleep, I’ve also had the chance to take ZzzQuil to help me fall asleep easily and sleep soundly.
Here are 8 tips that might help you get a better night’s rest too!
1. Stay off tech. As tempting as it may be, try to stay off your smartphone and stop using your computer at least 30 minutes before bedtime. This will help your body know it’s time for bed. I also recently removed the TV from our bedroom (which we’ve always had for the past 7 years!) This helps us to not be tempted to watch TV and stay up even later. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll start watching shows like Top Chef and then I don’t want to go to sleep until I find out what happens haha.
2. Read a Book: Reading a book is also another great non-stimulant that can help you relax and ready for bed. Just don’t read in bed. It’s important to separate activities to signal to your body that bed is meant for sleeping.
3. Exercise: Try to squeeze in at least 20 minutes of exercise each day, but make sure to do it several hours before bedtime. If you don’t have time to head to a gym, don’t worry, I love finding a Yoga workout video on Youtube and exercise from my living room.
4. Add some Zen: Incorporate elements that inspire a tranquil environment like fragrance. I like to mist a soothing scent such as Moonlit Lavender or Warm Milk & Honey from the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist collection. It helps eliminate odors while creating a relaxing atmosphere. I feel like I’m at a spa!
5. Make a To-Do List: Many times I find it hard to fall asleep because I’m thinking about all the things I have to do the next day. To avoid this, I like to make a to-do list right before bed. This helps release my mind of upcoming tasks so I’m not dwelling trying to remember them all.
6. If You Still Can’t Fall Asleep: For those night when you’ve tried everything and still have difficulty falling asleep, try a non-habit-forming sleep aid such as ZzzQuil. It’s available in liquid and LiquiCaps, to help you fall asleep easily and wake refreshed. I recently tried it and it worked like a charm.
7. Get Cozy: There’s nothing that puts me in the mood for sleep like a nice cozy bed. Make sure to turn down your thermostat to between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, make sure you room is nice and dark. You can try finding some blackout shades or consider buying a sleep mask.
8. Avoid Caffeine: Try to avoid caffeine beginning in the late afternoon. This also includes tea, if it has caffeine. Instead, try to go for a decaf version or have it early in the morning.