It's Women's History Month 2015! Here are a few of the inspiring women that have shaped the world.
1) Madame C.J. Walker (1867-1919) born Sarah Breedlove was an African American and one of the first American women to become a self-made millionaire. She invented a line of African American hair products in 1905. She was also a civil rights activist.
2) Maya Lin is a Chinese American architect and sculptor best known for her design of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
3) Rosario Castellanos (1925-1974) was a Mexican writer who wrote novels, essays, poems and plays. She was one of Mexico's most important literary voices in the last century.
4) Devon Abbott Mihesuah, Ph.D. is a member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. She is a historian, a professor and a writer. Her teachings and her books focus on stereotypes and misrepresentations of Native Americans.
5) Lynn Sherr is an American broadcast journalist and author. She is best known as a an ABC 20/20 news correspondent.